[NTLK] IC/VC Install Problems(Solved), MailV, Gmail, and Stowaway issues

From: Ryan Raimo <rjraimo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Oct 26 2006 - 12:06:55 EDT

Hi All,
This may be a really dumb thing but I was able to install/open IC/VC
properly by backing up all my stuff from my Newton and then Restoring
it. That did the trick and now almost everything is working great on
my new Newton.

One question I can't seem to fully understand is how to connect
properly to Gmail using MailV, i have the POP mail extension. I can
get my wireless card to talk to my network and browse the internet
and I can get MailV to get to the part where it says "Connecting to
host." But then it just stays there for a while and then does
nothing. Anyone else have success with connecting to Gmail?

One other unrelated question (if allowed mid-stream): I have a Palm
Keyboard, a Newtway, and the Stowaway driver (beta 1) modified by
John Charlton. Every time I try to connect the keyboard to the
Newton and connect the two I get the message "Serial Chip: Reserved
UART." And then when I try to type nothing works. When I used the
original driver by Daniel Padilla, when I would connect it said it
was connected but I still could not type. I know the keyboard works
because I tested it the other day with an old Palm. Any idea on what
might be the issue here?

Thanks much!

Ryan