Re: [NTLK] RCU Newton Package

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon Oct 30 2006 - 06:17:18 EST

On 10/30/06, Colin Pate <pate.colin@gmail.com> wrote:
> I downloaded RCU 2.3 for Windows and registered it, only to find that I need
> a package for my Newton to dock to RCU. Where can I get the Newton package?
> I probably won't use RCU that much because of all the bugs, but I still want
> to try it, if it's even usable.

I've got the package, but from what I've read you do _not_ want to use
the Windows version. It has some serious Y2K bugs, which was why they
discontinued it. I don't remember specifics, but I fear it corrupts
data on your Newton. If I were you, I wouldn't risk it without solid
backups. If you still want the package, email me off list, without the
[NTLK] in the subject heading.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland