Re: [NTLK] Corrupt Notes

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Oct 31 2006 - 00:06:31 EST

Before I go and spend money for Newton Utilities from SBM Software, does anyone have any recent dealings with this developer? I don't want to pay for something that has been abandoned...Although, it's more important if I can get my Notes soup back in one piece, so I hope it's still activly supported!
  Ed
  web/gadget guru
David Abramowitz <david.abramowitz@verizon.net> wrote:
  Ed,

SBM Utilities has a Cleaner program that examines and repairs soups.
That would be something worth trying if you haven't already.

On Oct 30, 2006, at 4:40 PM, Ed Kummel wrote:

> So...I have discovered that my internal Notes soup is corrupt. Am I
> completly hosed now? Is there a way of recovering this?

Don't You Love Mistyping URL's....
....when they turn out to be pretty neat.
In this case I was trying for Engadget.com, and instead wound up at www.edgadget.com which appears to have lots of Newton software.
 - ProfessorF from the UK pcpro/macuser forum