Re: [NTLK] Connecting eMate to Windows

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Oct 31 2006 - 12:01:31 EST

On 10/31/06, Aaron <a.cronk@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got a 1.4 ghz processor and 2 gigs of RAM. It turned out the connection
> of the cable kept getting loose but I was able to fix that. Now the emate
> will connect, but when I try to do a back up or a package install, the
> connection keeps getting disconnected. I was running 4 of the slowdown
> applications and it was still disconnecting. I'll try to run a few more at
> the same time to see if that helps. If not, I'll be back...

Hi Aaron,

If I've got two slowdown.exe's running (both are set to the second
notch from the left). and each is taking about 33% or 34% of the CPU
resources then my system is running at around 33% or 34% CPU
resources...

If you got four (4) slowdown.exe's running - How much CPU resources
are they taking up each? I'm trying to see if there is a way to
calibrate it by some set gauge such as the CPU resources in
TaskManager (CTRL-ALT-DEL) then (ALT-T) to start TaskManager...

This would help us get some common ground gauge to go by...
But with so much Ram (2GB) your system definitely is flying faster
than mine which has only 256MB. Are you using a swap disk or is
everything being done in Ram? if it's in Ram then it's going to be
much faster and you'll have to compensate even more I believe.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung