Re: [NTLK] Newt Grocery

From: <maynard_at_jmg.com>
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 14:26:34 EDT

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Jon Glass wrote:

> On 9/1/06, maynard@jmg.com <maynard@jmg.com> wrote:
> > Unfortunately, the next time I relaunch the application it demands
> > registration all over again. Is this a common problem with other
> > applications? Has anyone else seen this type of behavior before? And, if
> > Newt Grocery is unavailable (the author says he does not support it any
> > longer), is there a good alternative as a grocery shopping tool?
>
> You aren't changing user names or anything , are you?

   Nope. My username on the newt is "J. Maynard Gelinas", which when
entered into the registration program generates "9726324" as the
registration ID. That's accepted and a dialog box pops up thanking me for
registering. If I then close the application I must register again.

   I wonder if it's a date problem with the registration software... could
someone else try to install newt grocery and register it (it's free)? At
least that way I could determine if it's cruft in my soup store or if it's
a bug in the application. I'm using a US MP2100. --M