Re: [NTLK] Problem: screen sensitivity

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Sep 02 2006 - 10:33:13 EDT

~~~ On 2006/08/29 16:56, Lord Groundhog at LordGroundhog@gmail.com wrote ~~~

> After enjoying my MP2100 for a little over a year, Newt seems to have
> developed a serious flaw. I can slightly adjust the alignment of my pen so
> that the upper third or so is aligned correctly, but now, as I get closer
> to the bottom of the screen it becomes more and more out of alignment.
> Towards the bottom of the screen I have to tap almost 1 cm *below* where I
> want the pen to write or select or whatever. As for doing anything in the
> Button Bar, I can only select those items by tapping the bottom edge of the
> screen, with one exception. The "Extras" button, in the lower left hand
> corner, is no longer accessible at all. Even if I tap the very bottom of
> the screen all I can access is that little clock icon and the info icon.
>
> As I say, re-aligning the pen does not affect this and I'm now left without
> my extras. For the record, Newt has suffered no impacts or shocks that I'm
> aware of, nor any other untoward events.
>
> What do I need to do to make this right? I'm very dependent upon my 2100!

As I've been thinking about the varied and excellent suggestions from folks
so far, the problem has worsened and the dead space has now spread to
include the DATES button, so if I turn Dates off to access my Notes (my
default backdrop program) I'll never get Dates back! I cannot live without
both of those, so now I'm *considering* a brief foray into dismantling Newt
-- nothing ambitious, you understand, just to have a look to see if there's
anything obvious I can see. What surgeons call "exploratory surgery".

Shalom.
Christian

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a NewtonPad.˛
            -- in appreciation of Arthur C. Clarke

http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html
(With thanks to Chod Lang)

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/

Refresh yourself from our MUG: http://www.oxmug.org/

Simple question: what is the BEST guide -- recommended tools, fullest
preparation for the preservation of maximum data and programs, tips on what
NOT to do as well as what to do, and maybe some photos and such -- I can use
to prepare for this? At this time I don't see myself risking doing the
digitizer/screen replacement myself unless the exploratory procedure goes
well and I come away feeling as though I can do it safely, but I feel like I
just have to do *something*.

TIA.