Re: [NTLK] Changing motherboard

From: Jochen Schäfer <js.josch_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue Sep 05 2006 - 04:39:01 EDT

Kate Case schrieb:
> It's probably bleeding obvious from my previous question that I'm a
> complete novice when it comes to this sort of thing. Basically I
> bought a 2100 from someone on ebay, I wasn't happy with the screen,
> the seller offered to send me an upgraded 2000 and "keep the other
> one for spares". Except when the 2000 arrived today it's not an
> upgraded one and it also keeps coming up with error (-10557) which I
> looked up on unna where it said "flash card Vpp is low" which means
> nothing to me and there isn't a card in the thing anyway.
> So I thought the best thing would be to just swap the screen, but it
> looks a tad dicey for someone with no experience. I'm a jeweller so
> I'm used to doing things carefully and precisely, i just don't have
> experience with the insides of electronic things!
> I don't want to pay someone to have it done and now that I've got the
> thing I don't want to send it back (it's too late to cure me of the
> Newton disease!)
> Any tips or advice gratefully accepted!
I've done screen and motherboard swaps myself. Since there is no
soldering involved (Praise to the Apple engineers!), you should be
capable of doing the motherboard swap yourself, if you are careful.
With the already mentioned instructions you should manage this project.
But take your time, this is no thing for the fast ;-) And track the
places of the screws, or you will mix them up ;-)

Bye Jochen