Re: [NTLK] Disassembly tips

From: Ulises Gerardo <uice_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Sep 05 2006 - 13:02:18 EDT

Hi guys,
I needed to work on my Newton once and was putting it off only because of the
fact that I had to crack open the case. After that it was easy but the simple act of prying open the plastic is kinda rough.

I thought I would change the battery on my iPod instead because it comes with these plastic spoon like tools that don't scratch the iPod. I thought about using these tools for the Newton dissasembly. Guess what, they're perfect! No scratching, no breaking, they work perfect to carefully unlatch the two sides of the case. I recommend these to anyone thinking of doing this work, it makes it so easy.

I bought the iPod battery at a electronics store for about $29.99 U.S. It came with two types of tools. Both worked great and $29 bucks is a small price to pay for keeping the Newton safe from damage. I think their might be cheaper batteries out there but just make sure they come with the plastic tools.

Try it out, worked great for me.