Re: [NTLK] Can owner info be stored on cards?

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Sep 12 2006 - 16:55:42 EDT

On 9/12/06, Frank Gruendel <newtontalk@pda-soft.de> wrote:
> is it possible to store the owner info of a new owner on
> a memory card? Or beam it to another Newton so that the
> SimpleMail prefs are kept?

Hey Frank, I just looked into your question and it seems that you've
already discovered that the Owner Card can not be directed to a Store
and there are not specific store that I can find associated with the
Owner Card so I'd venture to guess that the answer would be no...

> Of course I could simply create a new owner on each Newton to be
> tested, but I do not want to enter things again and again, and
> I do not want to take the risk of accidently forgetting to delete
> this data before I send a Newton back.

My thoughts on a possible solution to this would be either:
1) Make a backup of your Newton with all the needed items to test and
then restore this onto the Newton and when completed just delete the
Owner Card or Hard Reset the Newton...

I'm pretty sure you may have thought of this solution but wanted to do
it in the way you described....

HTH

--
God bless,