Re: [NTLK] Printer Drivers

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Tue Sep 12 2006 - 23:33:54 EDT

On 9/12/2006 10:39 PM, Colin Pate wrote:
> Are there any printer drivers for Newton available other than the Print
> Pack? I want to print to a SiPix printer.

Not that I am aware of. I think the only way you might be able to do is
if the printer is networked and you do it via eithernet. Oh there is
another method if you are using windows. There is a program called soft
print pack. It is now freeware but I can't recall the site offhand. If
you can't find it send me a message off list and I will send it to you.
 Basically what it does is you install the standard print package on
your newt, start soft print pack, connect it to your desktop, and then
print with your newton. This system uses your system printer drivers as
if you were printing from a normal app and works well.

-Dan