Re: [NTLK] Printer Drivers

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Thu Sep 14 2006 - 05:40:38 EDT

On 9/13/06, Will Ross <paxswill@mac.com> wrote:
> Don't Forget that there are 2 print packs. One is a normal package,
> and the other is a special cable (serial<=>parallel)that loads them
> up somehow.

I really need to pay more attention to these threads...

I have a second-gen type of cable. It's actually the PowerPrint by
GDT, but it functions just like the second gen-you provide the Newton
package, and it prints on an older, parallel printer. I actually have
two of these, and don't need the second. Just contact me off-list at
jonglass at mac dot com, I consider all serious offers. :-)
Unfortunately, I have no idea how much this thing is worth, so name
the price, and I'll sell it to the highest bidder (is this called a
sealed-bid auction?). If multiple people offer the same price, the
first to bid wins it.

I've had this second cable on my hands for a couple weeks now, and
keep forgetting to mention it.

I suppose that if the price is decent enough, I will sell both cables.
I haven't had a parallel printer since I had to dump my Epson when we
came back to Poland, and I have a Stylewriter at home I print to.

I hope that this isn't frowned upon. I've never sold Newton stuff
before--always gave it away, and also covered cost of shipping, but
have really put out some money recently for other household items, and
could use the money now.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland