Re: [NTLK] WiFi issues with Newton 2x00

From: Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 22:21:18 EDT

on 26/09/06 22:08, Dana W Cook at danacook88@yahoo.com wrote:

> Thank you Paul.
>
> The error message that I am getting occurs prior to install of More WiFi -
> noted in previous email, copied here and with a new subject line (all
> created because I was a bit slow witted)
>
>> Error!
>> Unable to activate 802.11b WaveLAN since Newton Device Drivers are not in
>> the system

Well, it seems you haven't installed any of the required Ethernet driver
packages that are needed. You need to install a few packages that the
Wavelan driver relies on.

Check here for instructions:
<http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/index.shtml>

-Laurent.

Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:laurent.daudelin@verizon.net
math-out: n. [poss. from `white-out' (the blizzard variety)] A paper or
presentation so encrusted with mathematical or other formal notation as to
be incomprehensible. This may be a device for concealing the fact that it is
actually content-free. See also numbers, social science number.