Re: [NTLK] WiFi issues with Newton 2x00 - found it

From: Dana W Cook <danacook88_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Sep 28 2006 - 20:19:58 EDT

Thank you Paul. Probably will not get a chance to try it until the weekend
as I have 70 geometry projects and 60 algebra I tests to grade!

Wipe the Newton - ok.

Dana

I hope you have a back-up card or two...

1. Clear your Newton of all network programs and make a backup.
2. Make sure your backup is sound!
3. Wipe Newton.
4. Reload only drivers for networking and in their specific order. This step
is crucial, almost all networking problems stem from this mistake.
        Here is the install order:
        inetenbl.pkg
        newtdev.pkg
        enetsup.pkg
        inetsup.pkg
        farallon.pkg
        lucentwavelan_v108a.pkg

I'm pulling this from my head, so I hope I got this right.

        Then you can install moreinfo at this point if your card needs it,
you do NOT need it
        Check here to see, http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/eng/newtwave.htm

5. Test to see if you get connectivity, which I'm confident you will.
6. Restore your data and packages.
7. Test that all is well.
8. Make new backup.
Surf!

Best Regards,

Paul Curtis
Certified Mortgage Planner
Allied Home Mortgage - "You've Got Everything To Gain!"