Re: [NTLK] Bad Re-celled Rechargeable Pack for MP2000/2100

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Sep 29 2006 - 12:27:36 EDT

On 9/29/06, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a list to consult so we can find *reliable* suppliers?

Hi Christian,

I think Frank is the first name that come to mind. He is located in
Germany so it would be a bit more costly than someone local to your
area if you were not situated close to him...

I'm not sure who else really on the list or elsewhere who offers
re-celling of MP2000/2100 Rechargeable Packs. Woody maybe, or check
the Archives as some might have mentioned it in the past...

I know that Ferdi/Knowledge Navigator does but his prices are a bit
high $89.99 plus shipping an d insurance for 2500mAh NiMH Cells.

I'm not sure who are the official sanctioned re-cellers but I'm sure
that there are a few around. In the recent past there was one guy on
eBay selling them in the $30 to $50 range but I've never bought one
nor have I seen the insides of one to confirm this...

I will be in the near future doing one more Battery Tray
Modification. Hopefuly I will be able to do a step by step
instuctional on how to do this. You or anyone else can do the
modifications if you feel up to it. Know that the modification usually
requires one OEM Battery Tray, and at minimum one OEM Rechargeable
Pack (two or three if you are not so handy is the fabrication
process).

I am currently using my first revision of the tray personally.
I am willing to sell my second revision for $75 if anyone is
interested. It's fabricated with a better layout. Note that the tray
is a hair thick so it will take a minimal effort to eject the Battery
Tray and can only be used with AA NiMH Cells. If you decided to
venture into using AA Alkaline Cells you do so at your own risk.

I can offer the this Battery Tray at a reduce price if you provide
Cores (1) one Battery Tray and (2) two Dead Rechargeable Packs. The
price will be $50 plus shipping and insurance additional.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung