Re: [NTLK] FlashPoint

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon Dec 03 2007 - 05:13:50 EST

On Dec 3, 2007 10:27 AM, giorgio razzano <gi_ramondo@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> The "next action" is for me a ToDo task, so I copy it in the ToDo list ....

You do know that the Assist function can help you in this. If your
"next action" is to end up as a todo, you simply write "remember"
first. Then, when you want to actually make the todo, you hilite the
text, and tap Assist.

There are several keywords. For instance, if one of your tasks is to
call somebody, write his full name from the address book, with
"call"--"Call John Doe". when it's time to call, hilite it, tap
assist, and you will get several options, including the option to log
the call. Since the Newton has a built-in speaker, it can also dial
for you--but only with land line phones. :-(

For meetings, it's "schedule". Actually, there are a few. Tap assist,
and then tap the "please" diamond list, and see what's available.
Using assist with an app like Flashpoint or MI or DM or AN can really
speed up your Newton use. ;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland