Re: [NTLK] source to package

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Wed Dec 12 2007 - 13:17:52 EST

On Dec 12, 2007, at 5:50 PM, Scott Norville wrote:

> Quick question for mewithlimitedprogrammingskills:
>
> If I have a program's source, how do I get a package.pkg from it? I
> have NTK on an old 5500, and I have read the newtonscript tutorial,
> but it does not give me a path from already-created source to pkg and
> I am unable to interpret.

You must set up a project, not only a source file. On MSWindows,
projects end in .ntk. On the mac, they are usually the exact name of
the project with no extra extension to the name.

The project file describes to NTK how the package is compiled and
assembled so it can be loaded into the Newton. You must locate (or
generate) that file first. If it exists and you load it into NTK, you
will see one or more files in the "Project" list, the first one
typically being a "Layout".

You cab then go to the menu and "Project->Build Package" and "Project-
>Download Package" to the Newton.

If the source code is in "C" or AMD Assembler, then you will have to
open a whole other can of worms... .

Matthias

----
http://robowerk.com/