Re: [NTLK] Wireless Help?

From: Greg Hankins <ghankins_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat Dec 22 2007 - 09:56:15 EST

Ian,
I do not have the same setup, but I have experienced similar problems
with one of my POP accounts.

I wonder if the problem is there rather than the interface with your
Airport base station. When my MP 2000 connects to my Airport Extreme
Base Station (b/g, not n) the progress bar on the newt tells me I
have connected to the internet and also (very quickly) shows me the
IP address that the router has assigned to the Newton. Does yours do
this as well (it goes by pretty fast)? If so, I think it's safe to
assume that you have a working connection to the router, so you can
turn your attention to the interface with the POP server.

Have you tried a different POP or IMAP account? I was able to use
Mail V to access .Mac and haven't gone back to mess with the POP
account that was giving me trouble.

Which email client are you using?

Since we are both having similar problems, maybe we can work it out
together and share notes along the way.

Cheers!

Greg
Greg Hankins