Re: [NTLK] Wireless Help? - Verify Card

From: Ian P. Currie <ipcurrie_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue Dec 25 2007 - 02:36:21 EST

With thanks to Matt and others who've helped out so far... adding
another query here.

After trying the many proposed fixes and (and several dozen others from
my imagination too!) I am forced to confront the possibility that the
problem lies in the wireless card. There is absolutely no indication
that my router sees the card. I reinstalled the WaveLAN driver... so I
don't think the problem is there.

I mentioned in my first post that the same card (Buffalo WLI-PCM-L11GP)
worked for someone else on NewtonTalk, so maybe it's just my card? Is
there some way of testing it without actually getting online?

I have been trying to establish a TCP/IP connection with Escale, but
find the instructions provided to be extremely vague where
Newton-to-computer airport connections are concerned (particularly
without a base station in between). Does anyone happen to have a
step-by-step on this? Or another way of testing the card?

I.