Re: [NTLK] RES: [Indesejados] Newton Evolution

From: Bret Feinblatt <bafein_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat Feb 03 2007 - 07:49:59 EST

On Feb 2, 2007, at 5:18 PM, newtontalk@newtontalk.net wrote:

> From: "gaudo" <gaudo@terra.com.br>
> Subject: [NTLK] RES: [Indesejados] Newton Evolution
> Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 11:03:03 -0400
> I saw the release of iphone as a kind of Apple return to handheld
> world. I
> saw that this issue was already commented here, but I want to put
> my opinion
> here.
> I think the great advantage of Newton from the others PDA are the
> screen,
> HRW and the Newton OS itself. The 3,5" screen is not enough to
> write (if it
> have HRW) or read large documents, because when you are reading and
> the text
> "disappear" on the top of screen, it is more easy to lost the context.
> The iPhone should be a new Newton. But the sad part is that they donīt
> mentioned the Newton on the iPhone release... or not?

I suspect part of the reason the iPhone might not get to be Newton
3.0, with stylus and all, is (apart from PDAs not being nearly as
sexy) what the stylus eventually does to the screen. I love my 2x00u,
but it has enough marks on it that I can't see using it for video and
really enjoying it, if it had the capability.

At least, that's my guess. Plus, even regular pdas seem to be moving
away from stylus alot in favor of a dinky little keyboard.

--
Save a Tree - Remove a Bush