[NTLK] Dashboard for Newton

From: <mkow1234_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Feb 07 2007 - 17:21:58 EST

Although I only use my Newton for the occasional "science experiment", I can also vouch for the usefulness of the Dashboard application.

One of the neater things one can do with this app is use it to fill in a pre-programmed chunk of text with the stroke of a character. For example, you could program Dashboard to type in your entire name and address for faxes, letters, or notes. You could also have letter templates layed out with it (You know, the date, "To Whom It May Concern:" spacing, closing). I attempted to create an "Undo" command.
Man, was I foolish, thinking that I could get the Newton to have more than two undo commands sequentially! Oh well...

Other cool things include programming for unique font formatting -- all with the stroke of acharacter. I have mine set up to format selected text to Times New Roman, simply by drawing a "t" in the little window at the bottom of the screen. Or, create a size 48 font by writing the number 48 in the window. And so on...

Matt K.
Detroit, Michigan USA