Re: [NTLK] RTF and OPML import to Newt with Blunt

From: Mr Jonathan Dueck <jonathandueck_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 09:02:03 EST

Hi, Tony et al,

On this, I should add that I use the OBEX stack
(marvelous piece of work) with an Ir connection, using
a tiny Toshiba Libretto 100ct laptop — pretty nice as
a traveling companion for the Newt — and I get the
same results, using Windows 98SE. (I don't have Win2k,
though.)

I can IR text files in / out with no problems. But,
last I tried, I couldn't import OPML or RTF to my
Newton.

Anyone else have experience using ObEx (with Blunt or
IR) to import OPML or RTF to the Newton?

There is a WikiWikiNewt page that seems to suggest the
OPML exchange, at least, is workable:
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/Use%20the%20desktop
(But it gives no details about how the import might
work...)

-Jon

--- Tony Kan <tonykan@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> Has anyone got this to work on a Win2k machine with
> either Blunt 1 or 2?
>
> TIA
>
> Warm regards
>
> Tony Kan
>
> Christchurch
> New Zealand
>
> [snip]
>
> I'm having trouble _importing_ data to the Newt,
> though. Text works immediately and well; but RTF and
> OMPL do not, for me.
> [snip]
> --
> Release Date: 7/02/2007 3:33