Re: [NTLK] POP3 mail client

From: Xenon Soft <xenon_soft_at_yahoo.es>
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 17:37:48 EST

--- knowtree@aloha.com escribió:

> I was thinking I'd use MailV but after reading the
> User Guide it appears to
> only work with IMAP, and my mail accounts are on
> systems that only support
> POP3.
>
> 1. Can MailV be used with POP3?
>
> 2. What are some good Newton POP3 clients?

I use Simplemail, beacuse is very light, simple and
very integrated in Newton OS 2.1. MailV it's also very
good: it's a great evolution of Simplemail. Very
integrated also :).

Sure that you can use POP3 with MailV :D

http://homepage.mac.com/simonbell/mailv/product_info.html#step_2

> 3. Does anyone use Yahoo Mail or Gmail web browser
> interface via Newt's
> Cape? Sounds painfully slow to me, but I'm new at
> this.

I use Yahoo Mail with NewtsCape via
http://wap.oa.yahoo.com . This is the Yahoo! portal
for PDA and mobile systems and it works very well :D,
I like and use it very much. It has a lot of features.
I didn't tried Gmail, because I don't have gmail
account.

> Gary Dunn
> Honolulu
> MP110, MP2100