Re: [NTLK] OT: languages [WAS: "Re: [WTB] Newton 2x00 dongle / JAE connector..."]

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Feb 10 2007 - 11:06:33 EST

~~~ On 2007/02/10 15:53, L.W. Brown at lwb@mac.com wrote ~~~

> That is what I recall from studying it in the late 60s - very simple
> to read out loud once you know the sounds.

More challenging is the accent. As with all languages, getting the "shape"
of the mouth and throat right evades many people who learn Russian, and
their sound ends up having that "studied foreignness" mixed in with what is
otherwise a good grasp of the language.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a NewtonPad.˛
            -- What Arthur C. Clarke meant to say

http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl