Re: [NTLK] How can I delete the selection?

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_Newted.ORG>
Date: Sat Feb 17 2007 - 03:39:00 EST

On Friday, February 16, 2007 at 12:40 pm Gary Dunn wrote:

> How can I delete the selection?

The Scrub...

4 deliberate strokes (down up down up) over the item you wish to delete.
Works best if you start just outside the selection box, make your strokes
deliberate, pause a microsecond at each change of direction, scrubbing
slowly over the item. Works even better if you scrub from right to left.

> Is there a trick way to delete a large
> block of text? The equivalent to
> Edit/Delete.

Try HiLite 2000 by Adam Tow. A very special tool with a delete, copy, cut,
paste button panel that pops up whenever you HiLite something. One tap and
it's done with.

> I am getting tired of scribbling, and
> too often my Newt thinks I'm writing,
> which just makes things worse.

Remember... editing gestures (scrub, carriage return, insert space, remove
space, etc.) will be more accurate if you are slower and more deliberate
with the strokes, and go the opposite direction than you would normally
write. This helps the Newton understand that you are not writing normally
(i.e. left to right at 55 wpm) and therefore it must be a special gesture.

Ron

--
Sent with GoFetch and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM