Re: [NTLK] No Rumor-Mac Tablet

From: Robert Mohns <robert_at_third-design.net>
Date: Fri Jan 05 2007 - 08:40:22 EST

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Adam Ladds wrote:

> Does this mean Apple are licensing again?

I don't think so. Given the mention of an iSight on the OWC site, i
suspect they're using Macbooks as the base hardware and putting them into
new cases with a touch screen overlay.

The OWC site also mentions using Wacom's "Penabled" technology:
http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/what_is_penabled.cfm

So I suspect they're using Wacom's OEM hardware & software services:
http://www.wacom.com/components/index.cfm

I agree with the many people who have blogged that tablet PCs are too tiny
a niche for an already niche company such as Apple to pursue. But this
third party option from OWC... that i find pretty exciting! :-)

Robert
(list lurker, going back to lurking now :)
(MP2100, MP2000)