Re: [NTLK] Hacked WiFi driver

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jan 09 2007 - 08:42:21 EST

~~~ On 2007/01/09 05:11, xp at xp@thirring.org wrote ~~~

> It's called salvage. On the high seas if a ship is found abandon with all
> crew left, than the finder can claim salvage rights. Hiroshi abandoned his
> software on the high seas on the Internet, and has rejected the priviledges
> and rights that copywrite provide him.

I'd love to know where the "captain's quarters" is located on Hiroshi's
driver, or maybe the crew's quarters (you know, so we can check to be sure
they've left, and they're not just asleep or something). And perhaps
Hiroshi left his navigation charts with someone before he set sail, so we'll
know where to send the search parties?

We should also check to see where he left the letter that states that he has
indeed abandoned his software on the high seas, or where he rejects his
copyright...

I can't help thinking there were once real ships on the real high seas that
were "abandoned" -- after the crew were overboarded by pirates. Perhaps if
we take the step suggested, we may prove to be guilty of making Hiroshi walk
the plank. The noose awaits us ...

Imaginative use of metaphors are entertaining but they can lead us astray
just as easily as they can illuminate a subject.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a NewtonPad.˛
            -- in appreciation of Arthur C. Clarke

http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html
(With thanks to Chod Lang)

Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/