Re: [NTLK] Hacked WiFi driver

From: Eckhart Köppen <eck1003_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue Jan 09 2007 - 15:48:42 EST

On 9. Jan 2007, at 01:57, Niklas Nisbeth wrote:

> Not under the BSD/MIT license. He's legally allowed to do this as long
> as he doesn't claim that he's written it, and doesn't sue anyone if it
> blows up. I think. You can find the BSD license easily online.

... and includes the original copyright notice in any source or
binary distribution (the "BSD advertising clause")

If the driver is indeed based on the same code as the FreeBSD driver,
then something is not quite right, as that code pretty clearly
requires the copyright notice:

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/ic/wi.c?
rev=1.218&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

But I give Hiroshithe benefit of doubt here since I have no idea how
the driver is implemented.

Eckhart