Re: [NTLK] Newtonlink

From: John <john_at_mediaonfire.com>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 09:30:06 EST

On Wednesday 10 January 2007 04:20, newtontalk@newtontalk.net
wrote:
> Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 18:16:04 -0600
> From: "Dale Raby" <daleraby@gmail.com>
> Subject: [NTLK] Newtonlink
>
> Hello,
> I'm still trying to get Newtonlink up and limping..

> Two questions;
>
> How do I install these modules properly, and how do I make
> sure that newtonlink is in my path?

As far as the installing the modules, Perl has
an installation method built-in, and it's included
in the perl core.

Try:

$ sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell

That will start a configuration dialog if you've
never used it before. Choose the defaults, and a
mirror that appears to be close to you.

At the prompts:

cpan> install TimeDate

(follow prompts)

cpan> install DBD-XBase

(follow prompts)

It may ask you to install other modules as CPAN.pm,
the installation facility, will install dependencies
for you if you wish.

> [dale@localhost ~]$ newtonlink
> No personal config file found,
> created a config file
> "/home/dale/.newtonlink/newtonlink.config"
> Edit it first to match your needs

That indicates that newtonlink is in your path.
It looks like you need to edit the path
given in order to personalize the installation.

HTH.

-John