Re: [NTLK] iPhone Open-ness (was: Mac Tablet)

From: L.W. Brown <lwb_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 11:17:48 EST

In addition, Jobs explicitly talked about the lack of buttons being a
benefit to upgrades & different software. At the very least, that
implies the ability to upgrade the software for new functionality. If
that is possible, then it must be hackable, even if no SDK is ever
made available...
Moreover, he specifically said that the 2 Widgets (stocks & weather)
that would come with it were the 2 available "now." That's a indirect
promise of more to come, and a pretty clear invitation to developers.
Finally, being built on top of _FULL_ OSX, it would be not too
terribly difficult to write for.