Re: [NTLK] The day the Newton died it's final death...

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Thu Jan 11 2007 - 13:07:44 EST

On Jan 11, 2007, at 8:18 AM, James Grubic wrote:

> Martin, is this stock hardware? There's no way that a stock Mac from
> 1995 would run Tiger acceptably. This is PowerMac 7200/7500/7600
> territory. You may have a G3 upgrade for a machine in this
> category, but
> that counts as upgrading your hardware as I stated. Make the similar
> upgrades to a Pentium PC, and it will run XP.
Yes of course, you are correct. they are upgraded systems. Still,
I think your statement was that "Apple has almost been forcing people
into
upgrading their hardware every couple of years" which to me is a
gross exaggeration.

I don't have any newer hardware (actually I do have a Ti book), but
have enjoyed a speed increase with each version of OSX. I use a B/W
G3 system as my primary desktop (C1999).

Computer hardware upgrades are a normal part of the cycle of Hi-tech
as we all know. It's just a question of when it becomes worth it.

Marty