[NTLK] [IPHN] LG KE850

From: Roland Saekow <pockyrevolution_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Jan 11 2007 - 21:57:45 EST

Hi all,

I don't remember if anyone posted on the list yet, but the iPhone looks just like LG's KE850 which was announced almost a month ago today.

Like the iPhone, it features a large touch sensitive screen to replace all buttons. I also noticed that the camera on the back is in the same position as the iPhone. Could it be that the iPhone is a re-branded LG phone with Apple software?

On this page you can see pictures of the LG KE850:

http://www.mobilport.hu/?r=8266

Here is an Engadget post:

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/12/15/the-lg-ke850-touchable-chocolate/

Further digging results that the LG phone is a version of a 'Prada Cellphone'

http://www.mobilewhack.com/reviews/lg_ke850-based_prada_cellphone.html

Roland