[NTLK] XPOSTFACTO (was newton death)

From: Edward Johnson <radar9999_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Jan 14 2007 - 10:57:02 EST

I installed Xpostfacto on my Supermac S900 and was able to load and
support 10.2, and initially 10.3. I had installed a 400 mhz G4
accelerator card over-clocked to 475 mhz to replace the old Power PC
604 processor. When I finally shut it down(I had lost one of 4
installed hard drives, one of the internal scsi channels had failed,
and it would no longer read a cd drive) some souls were modding the
software and getting OS-10 on 603-chipped machines. Of course it was
dead dog slow totally impractical, but it could be done. One of the
critical issues was whether or not your video card would support the
new OS. It took some research (at the time) to locate compatible video
cards that could be flashed to update to OS-10.
Was fun while it lasted. Now takes up space in my den. Heading for
garage sale probably next week. Maybe I can get it running again?

Ed Johnson

A Smart man learns from his mistakes. A Wise man learns from other
peoples mistakes. Be Wise!