[NTLK] Need some phrasing suggestions for start page of pda-soft.de

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Mon Jan 15 2007 - 17:17:12 EST

Hi folks,

I'm currently working on a major rewrite and update of
pda-soft.de. To prove that I'm not lying, have a look at what
I did to the FAQs navigation-wise (I always found them a bit
clumsy to navigate):

http://www.pda-soft.de/ge_faq.html

(the English version of this page will follow soon).

The above is just my feeble attempt to improve your willingness
to help. What this posting is all about is the following :-)

Instead of what is currently here

   http://www.pda-soft.de/english.html

(the black text, I'll probably also get rid of the Amazon icons)

I would like something somewhat more professional. Since this is
usually the first page an English-speaking user will see, I would
like to put a summary there (short and to the point) of what this
web site is all about.

Not being a native speaker (and because I have three MP2x00s, one
eMate and six battery rebuilds in the queue), I am a bit at a loss
as to how to phrase this, and I'm hoping that maybe you
could come up with something. There are a couple of things I feel
one needs to get across fast:

1) This page is ONLY about Apple PDAs. Since the domain name pda-soft
will probably attract users of other PDAs, too, I do not want to
waste their time by tempting them to search for things that aren't
there.
Of course, it might be allowed to mention that the Newton still beats
many of today's PDAs hands-down even ten years after its demise ;-)

2) Newton and eMate related issues people are going to find:

a) Newton software. Mostly hardware-related, and of course all of it
freeware.

b) Newton hardware info. Battery rebuild instructions, step by step
take-apart instructions, info on what causes the most frequent
defects and how to fix them, reviews of third party hardware.

c) Reviews of Apple- and Newton-related books. Reviews of battery
books.

d) Some mostly humorous Newton-related stories.

e) Newton / eMate FAQs

f) A guest book

g) Some other bits and pieces that have to do with Newtons and eMates.

f) Free and (well, usually) prompt support of people who have a problem
with or a question about their little friends and send me an E-Mail.

I'd be forever indebted to anybody who might take the time to write such
a paragraph and beam it my way. Since most of the members of this list
probably couldn't care less, please oh please DO NOT REPLY TO THE LIST,
BUT SEND IT OFF-LIST.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help and your time!

Frank

PS Please do not be angry if I do not use what you send, or if I only
use
parts of it, or if I edit it, or maybe combine it with what others came
up
with :-))