[NTLK] Contemplating a Newton

From: R. Mansfield <rmansfield_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 11:44:08 EST

All the recent talk about the iPhone, and especially comparisons to
the Newton have simply made me consider purchasing a used Newton 2100
from a place like J&K.
Pardon me for asking questions which I know have been answered
probably countless times before, but I'm very good at this, and as a
recent poster noted, it can be difficult to get definitive answers to
your own questions from reading other posts.

If I bought a Newton, I'd want it to be something that I could
actually use in conjunction with my MacBook. Basically, I'd want to
be able to sync the calendar and address book on the Newton to iCal
and Address Book on my MacBook and move any documents created on the
Newton to the MacBook.

I saw a program called NewtSync that claimed to be able to do this,
but it only mentions the ability to do this with Jaguar. Will it work
with Tiger?

The ability to do the above would be my minimum requirements, but
wifi connectivity and internet access would certainly be nice as well.

Or am I just asking the Newton to do more than it was made to do?

Thanks for your patience and help.
Rick Mansfield [ p. 502 .387 .6414 e. RMansfield@mac.com ]
Website & Blog: http://thislamp.com