Re: [NTLK] OT: Newton and Hebrew

From: Adam Goddard <pashosh_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Sat Jan 20 2007 - 11:40:11 EST

On 21/01/2007, at 3:28 AM, Dan wrote:
> On 1/20/2007 11:08 AM, Oliver Leaman wrote:
>>

>> It does, I have a Hebrew font on all my Newtons.
>>
>> Oliver
> Hmm I knew about the Hebrew font, but I don't know of a Hebrew Bible.
I have the Hebrew font, as well. The Old Testament was written in
ancient Hebrew (and Aramaic in part of Daniel) and the New Testament
was written in ancient Greek. If we could have those original
language texts on the Newton it would be great for us who are
studying these texts, but I understand licensing and permission would
be such a hassle (as was just for the use of the NIV english
translation in The Message for Newt). I'll stick to my hardcopies for
now. ;-P

Regards,
   - Adam Goddard