Re: [NTLK] Simon's NCK updates?

From: Simon Bell <simonbell_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Jan 26 2007 - 04:26:01 EST

On 25 Jan, 2007, at 9:07 pm, Tony Morrow wrote:

> I do have one question. Since frameworks were used in NCX does that
> give the possibility of other programmers to write programs in OS X
> and have an easier way to connect to the Newton?

I haven’t had the time to publish anything about NCX for developers,
but there are several options for reusing/extending NCX:

o write a plugin to import/export any soup data in the format of
your choice. This uses...
o the DIL framework to open a connection with the Newton Dock and
exchange data. The DIL framework is an Objective-C implementation of
Apple’s DILs. In turn this uses...
o the Newton framework which provides a NewtonScript environment
(including compiler and interpreter) on the desktop.

If you’re interested in any of these, talk to me. I don’t have any
documentation available yet.

On 25 Jan, 2007, at 9:41 pm, laurent ignacel wrote:

> Do you think that's possible sync xls or excel file with NC[X] ?

I don’t have a plugin structure for syncing, I am still trying to get
my head around Sync Services. It may happen one day, but in the
meantime one could certainly write an import/export plugin.

Simon