Re: [NTLK] Simon's NCK updates?

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Fri Jan 26 2007 - 05:15:33 EST

On Jan 26, 2007, at 10:51 AM, Jochen Schäfer wrote:

> Simon Bell schrieb:
>> On 25 Jan, 2007, at 9:07 pm, Tony Morrow wrote:
>>
> [..]
>> o write a plugin to import/export any soup data in the format of
>> your choice. This uses...
>> o the DIL framework to open a connection with the Newton Dock and
>> exchange data. The DIL framework is an Objective-C implementation of
>> Apple’s DILs. In turn this uses...
>> o the Newton framework which provides a NewtonScript environment
>> (including compiler and interpreter) on the desktop.
> How feasible would it be to port the framework (GUI is most
> certainly a
> problem) over to, say, Linux?

Ha, that's funny. I was thinking the exact same thing. On the GUI
side, I can offer my expertise in FLTK, a cross platform GUI kit that
is really easy to use and lightweight. It runs on OS X, MSWindows and
Linux, can be set to look GTK'ish or Aqua'ish. It's open source,
LGPL, so you don't need to open the rest of the source code.

It is probably much harder to port the interface to all the other
apps like iCal and Mail to work with Thunderbird or Outlook.

Matthias

----
http://robowerk.com/