Re: [NTLK] Wireless Coyote Video

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Jan 31 2007 - 02:10:24 EST

That wireless tablet looks suspiciously like an AT&T EO...I have an EO 440 with the cellphone attachement on it. Rather cool in that it has a desk phone handset that snaps onto a cradle and can answer the cell just by picking up the handset. It also used the cell phone module for communicaitons (modem and faxing)
Ed
Ermin Mistica <erminmistica@gmail.com> wrote: Okay people,
Watched the video tonight. It's about 20 minutes long and deals
mainly with Apple's foray and study of how wireless technology would
allow students to change their perception of learning if given the
chance to actually take their lessons into the field and see how data
changes on the fly rather than by gathering straight facts off a book.

They took a small group of students into Sabino Canyon to study the
environment there, ie. water, soil, flora/fauna. They were equipped
with wireless touchscreen computers (9600 bd), walkie talkies, a
cellular fax, digital camera while the homebase group of students
worked with Macintosh AIOs (with floppy drives).

This video was made in 1991. I don't think the computers they used
were Newtons though. They were honking huge, ie a neighborhood yellow
page book with the wireless modem strapped to the back. As soon as I
get it converted to DVD and then QT, I'll see if I or someone can
host it.

Ermin

PS: I'll post a snapshot I took on my flickr site, http://
www.flickr.com/photos/darchangel/375175934/

...and still like dust, I rise...
-Maya Angelou

Don't You Love Mistyping URL's....
....when they turn out to be pretty neat.
In this case I was trying for Engadget.com, and instead wound up at www.edgadget.com which appears to have lots of Newton software.
 - ProfessorF from the UK pcpro/macuser forum

Finding fabulous fares is fun.