[NTLK] FS: Newton 2100s, Newton 120s, Keyspan adapter

From: Colin Smith <lists_at_uorden.net>
Date: Sun Jul 01 2007 - 19:02:09 EDT

Hey, gang.
I hate to do this, but it seems the time has come for me to let go of the
tiny collection of Newts (and associated paraphernalia) I've gathered over
the past four years. They really are wonderful machines, but I never could
quite get past the lack of native -- i.e., not Basilisk II -- docking
connectivity and SSH. C'est la vie! Anyhow, I figured giving you all a shot
before they go on eBay is the very least I could do. First, a few notes: I
take PayPal, shipping will be from 55350, and I'm interested in
trades/trades+cash, preferably for a PIII-era IBM Thinkpad. Here goes:

* Newton 2100 (upgrade) #1:
    - Good cosmetic condition. Screen bears light scuffs typical of a few
years of moderate use sans screen protectors, and there's some sticker
residue on the back near the dock connector. Pictures on request.
    - Comes with AC adapter, interconnector dongle, Macintosh serial cable,
screen lid (no clips), good rechargeable battery, and basic zip-up leather
case.
    - Will also ship with 32MB flash card, 3Com 3CXE589ET Ethernet card, and
a Microsoft MN-520 for wireless. Drivers for the last two will be loaded
after brainwipe.

I see a Newton in similar condition without accessories going for ~$150 on
eBay right now; I figure the flash card is perhaps the most valuable add-on,
followed by the two networking cards. Let me know what you think.

----
* Newton 2100 (upgrade) #2:
    - Good/fair cosmetic condition. The screen and backlight would arguably
be better than that on my main Newt owing to a relative lack of use, but
this is offset somewhat by a short visible scratch on the former and a
missing bit of plastic in the stylus well. Again, pictures are available.
    - Ships only with a battery, though I could perhaps toss in another
Ethernet and/or wireless card if I find my spares. No dongle, AC adapter,
screen lid, etc.
Make an offer!
----
* Newton 120 #1:
    - Good/fair cosmetic condition. Several small shiny spots and streaks on
the case where the finish has been worn, but the screen's in pretty good
shape.
    - Ships with original telescoping stylus, dummy card, (very well-loved,
as it were) packaging, and a Mac serial cable. Most of the manuals should be
there. I could toss in a modem?
Offer?
----
* Newton 120 #2:
    - Another backup unit. More prominent streaking, particularly on the
lower front near the Apple logo, and the screen has a few scratches and
scuffs.
    - Bare-bones -- no stylus, adapter, etc. etc. -- but I'll throw in yet
another serial cable just for kicks.
Somehow I doubt anybody'll want this one, but there it is.
----
Last, but not least...
* Keyspan USB-serial adapter:
    - Part number USA-28X. Drivers available for OS X and so forth.
    - Plugs in to your USB port, gives you two Mac serial connections. Quite
handy for Mr. Bell's NCX!
    - Tested working on a recent-model MacBook.
Froogle seems to think this is worth upwards of $60. Make me an offer I
can't refuse.
----
Whew, there we are! Please drop me a line off-list if anything strikes your
fancy.
-Colin