Re: [NTLK] iPhone

From: John Derbyshire <johnderbyshire_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun Jul 01 2007 - 20:30:33 EDT

Apple users here in the UK never believe a word the BBC says about
anything to do with Apple. BBC coverage of Apple is consistently given
a negative spin. Why? They are in a tight commercial relationship with
Microsoft eg the BBC's iPlayer online TV service is based on MS's DRM
technology and won't work with anything else (despite the fact that
Apple users pay the BBC licence fee like everyone else. Even the
BBC's own independent Trust members have criticised them for this. Few
of the BBC's services work with OSX eg I can't run their News videos
without crashing the WiFi. Ignore!