Re: [NTLK] iPhone

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Jul 02 2007 - 14:09:36 EDT

Ha! It's sim-locked in that you have to disassemble the phone to get to the sim...kinda like the battery!
  As for sim-locked by the carrier? I don't know for certain, but you can probably bet on it and come out the winner!
  Ed
  web/gadget guru
Apostolos Koutropoulos <der_admiral@mac.com> wrote:
  I have AT&T but I am abstaining from the iPhone.
There are a few things I would like 'fixed' before I buy one

1. Quadband UMTS + front camera for video conferencing
2. iChat (AIM/.Mac/Yahoo/MSN/ICQ) (and or Adium)
3. More storage capacity
4. MMS
5. Removable battery (future proof it.)

Is the phone SIM-locked to AT&T? if it is, I would not buy it ;)

On Jul 1, 2007, at 12:23 AM, Larry Yaeger wrote:

> At 9:58 PM -0400 6/30/07, kevin_ondre@vermontel.net wrote:
>> AT&T doesnt provide service in my area. so...no iphone for me :(
>
> Yeah, I'm in the same boat and seriously bummed about it. I would
> *so* have an iPhone if I could actually use it. Annoyingly,
> Verizon has four bars here, while Cingular/AT&T has zero, but
> because the signals are different (CDMA vs. GSM) the phone can't
> even roam here. Bleah. :(
>
> - larryy
> --
> inquiries
> wikiwikinewt/

"The rule in Silicon Valley is that if Apple leaves the table smiling, the other guy got screwed,"
   - Rob Enderle, independant analyst on the Apple/Cisco iPhone lawsuit

always stay connected to friends.