Re: [NTLK] [OT] Re: iPhone

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Thu Jul 05 2007 - 14:28:31 EDT

On Jul 5, 2007, at 7:28 AM, Thomas Brand (T2) wrote:

> As a long time T-Mobile customer I would say their best assets are
> their customer service and flexible billing plans. Their tech support
> was always able to help me right away and as a previous BlackBery user
> they allowed me to pay only $30 for a unlimited data plan without
> voice service. That is something no other carrier was able to offer
> especially not AT&T my current carrier for my iPhone. As for T-
> Mobile's network speed I would not say that it was anthing to write
> home about, especially considering their lack of a 3G network. AT&T
> has definately surprised me though with the improved speed of their
> EDGE network. In most areas I get around 200kps.

T-mobile also has had the very best deal on low end data plans. My
wife pays 4.99$ (us) for unlimited internet access via her handset,
which we can also tether via Bluetooth to her macbook. Pretty killer
deal.

Marty

PS They have gone through periods of port blocking that make the
above great data service stop working. I have been able to
circumvent them by running a proxy on ports that remain open (ie
110/465 etc.)