[NTLK] [OT] Re: iBattery

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Mon Jul 09 2007 - 14:09:09 EDT

On Jul 9, 2007, at 10:24 AM, mkow1234@aol.com wrote:

> Surprise, surprise! Remember the battery replacement issue with the
> first generation iPods?
> Well, the Apple product battery replacement fun is back once again:
>
> http://redtape.msnbc.com/2007/07/why-was-iphones.html

This is a big bunch of fud just as it was with the ipod. Any half
competent tech can remove and replace these batteries and high
qaulity batteries are available for much less then from Apple.

I have replaced many of the ipod batteries and it's no big deal
despite all the law suits and such.

> * Note: Just countering all of the viral marketing (intentional or
> unintentional) that we have been inundated with on our beloved
> Newtontalk list. Don't like it? Then, post something of relevance
> to the Newton.? :O)

This is usually called trolling and is unlikely to get any newton
related responses. Also it's good to mark thread like this as OT.

Marty