Re: [NTLK] OT iPhone humor

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jul 13 2007 - 04:17:14 EDT

~~~ On 2007/07/13 00:56, Mark Rollins at mark@mrollins.com wrote ~~~

> Well I don't have one yet, at least not yet until my spleen fetches
> $599 on eBay.
>
> These are actually my top 10 ways to let people know you have an
> iPhone (yes I wrote these) that I just can't wait to use...
>

> 10) Get a number like (area code) x-474663, so you can say something
> like "call me at 860 4-iPhone"
>
> 9) Have a bumper sticker made that says "iPhone - iGot"
>
> 8) When answering a call, be sure to say something like "hello, this
> is me speaking on my new iPhone."
>
> 7) Do not wear a watch; when someone asks the time, pull out your
> iPhone, and say "the iPhone says it is 10:45."
>
> 6) Also wear the matching iHat, iSocks, iBelt and iScarf.
>
> 5) Change the ringtone to the sound of Gilbert Gottfried screeching
> loudly "HELLO, HELLO, there's a call on your new iPhone!"
>
> 4) Do not speak about any topic without working the phrase "iPhone"
> into at least every third sentence.
>
> 3) Change your voicemail to say, "I am not available, but be sure to
> leave a voicemail on my new iPhone, which has the unique feature that
> shows me a list of voicemails and I can listen to them in any order".
>
> 2) Purchase the optional forehead- or chin-mounted iPhone holster.
>
> 1) At least 4 times per hour at random intervals wave the iPhone over
> your head while running in circles yelling "look at me, look at me -
> I have a frickin' iPhone!!!"

Mark,

This had me laughing -- some of them particularly painted seriously funny
pictures in my head ("forehead- or chin-mounted iPhone holster"? Genius!).
Unless you tell me I shouldn't, I'm sorely tempted to send this (complete
with your name, to give you due credit) to some tech friends for their
gratification. I can't promise you it won't end up as one of those e-mail
distributions.

If you'd rather not be famous, or if you choose to exercise your full
copyright, please warn me off before I click "forward".

Actually, I can't see how (9) wasn't part of the launch, as bumper stickers,
T-shirts, coffee mugs, baseball caps, the whole thing. King Steven must be
slipping!

One more thing: doesn't "iScarf" imply something different? :)

Anyway, let me know, I really want to pass this on to some people.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- What Arthur C. Clarke meant to say

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl