Re: [NTLK] OT, well done, Jobbs

From: Steven Scotten <splicer_at_paroxysm.com>
Date: Fri Jul 20 2007 - 04:57:07 EDT

On Jul 19, 2007, at 11:01 AM, a wrote:

> PS. I send it for second time. First mail didn't show up on List after
> 40 minutes.

I just got the third one.

GMAIL USERS: Gmail does not show you mails that you sent to lists. It
figures the copy in your "Sent Mail" folder is enough, or maybe it
indexes by the message-id header. I don't know why, but it is how
Gmail works. When you send mail to a list you don't see it come back
from the list. It's because you use gmail, not because the list is
broken. The mailing list is not broken.

Now that I've replied to this mail, sent fifteen hours ago, John will
finally see it in the message thread view. John still can't see the
one he sent fifteen minutes ago. Right?

Don't panic.

Steve