Re: [NTLK] Replacement MP2000 battery

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Mon Jul 30 2007 - 18:06:54 EDT

> Does anyone know where I can get a replacement MP2000
> rechargeable battery pack, or how I can replace the
> cell(s) in my pack with fresh ones?

It's not all that difficult to rebuild it. Detailed
instructions are here:

    http://www.pda-soft.de/mp2k_battery_pack.html

If you don't feel up to this kind of work, there are
several list members, yours truly included, who can do
this for you.

Do not buy a new original pack. "New" in this context
means that it was manufactured more than 10 years ago
and never used since. This is not a good way to treat
battery cells.

There's also Ferdi, also known as knowledgenavigator,
at

http://www.newtonsales.com.

My personal opinion is that at USD 89 such a pack is a
tad on the expensive side, but that's probably a matter
of opinion.

Good luck!

Frank