[NTLK] NTK question

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Jun 01 2007 - 02:21:34 EDT

OK, So I'm working my way through learning NTK for Windows. I have an app
I've created using the protoApp. I included a protoInfo button. I have
created a layout with my about info. I linked the about layout to the main
layout as a subview. But when I go to build it I get an error:

// Fatal: -28612 - while building a package
// File: C:\Program Files\NTK\Projects\BackDrop\about.lyt
// A linked view cannot be the topmost view in a layout.

Nothing I do in changing the order of the files, or protos on the main
layout or well anything I've tried seems to work. Can one of you NTK guru's
out there give me some help? I've read the section in "Programming for the
Newton" on subviews and I have looked at some other peoples code and how
they call their about layouts and I can't find what I'm doing
different/wrong. I really needs some help here.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
http://santa-duck.dyndns.org (Newton server)