[NTLK] Tally

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Jun 12 2007 - 00:54:46 EDT

Boy do I like NTK. Once you get over the learning curve it is really easy to
use. I am in the Knights of Columbus. Last weekend we had our parish
festival. On Sunday the Knights sell chicken dinners. I was on the crew that
pre-baked the chickens before they were barbecued. One of my jobs was to
keep track of the number of chicken halves we cooked (413). And I thought
what a great job for my Newton. But I didn't have just the right app. So
tonight I wrote one. It has four slots you can name, a number picker to set
the incremental value and a big "Tally" button. You can close the app and it
remembers where you were. It is really a fancy Newton version of those
little handheld tally clickers. It will also serve as a nice score keeper,
like when I'm playing bocce ball. So now I have questions.

1. Where can I post it?
2. Anybody want me to send it to them?
3. How many people on the list are still actively coding in NTK?

Maybe we need to be more vocal in what we are doing and sharing ideas. I'd
love to hear from other coders, what they are doing and how they are doing
it.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)