Re: [NTLK] New to the list

From: Dale Raby <daleraby_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jun 12 2007 - 15:41:27 EDT

No, it will not charge with an unmodified battery carrier. I gather that
there is a modification that will permit charging while the batteries are in
the Newton, but there is no real reason for this as external chargers are
cheap. The mod requires the use of a soldering iron and some extra parts
and isn't for the faint of heart.
If you are interested, you can Google it up. I think its on UNNA, among
other places.

What I do is keep a second set in the charger and when my Newton needs a
charge, I plug it in, swap out the batteries and keep on working.