Re: [NTLK] Keyboard

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jun 28 2007 - 14:43:58 EDT

On 6/28/07, Thomas Brand (T2) <thomasbrand@mac.com> wrote:
> Funny my 130 with 2.0 installed requested a driver while of course my
> 2100 did not. I have since given up on getting it to work with the 130.

Hm Thomas,

There are usually a few things that could go wrong when trying to use it.
Serial Port
Order of setup
- Plug Keyboard in first before turning on Newton (applies to all models)
- then Tapping to set the caret where you want to type

I first got a MP100 and then the keyboard. I had to install the driver.
I've tested a Keyboard with my MP130's and as long as I follow the order
listed it worked - sort of a plug and play before windows ;-)

Like I mentioned the earlier NOS needed the driver.
Maybe you have a bad connection with your MP130's serial port - assuming it
works fine with your MP2100 ...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung